The Foundation does not support political causes, parties or organisations or charities with a religious focus.
Each year the Foundation will select an emerging market and focus its investment in that area. The emerging markets allocation will be focused on a small number of long term partnerships (average duration of three years). All charities must meet the following criteria to be considered for an emerging market grant:
- UK registered
- Small to medium in size or, if a larger charity, must have an identifiable project that Aberdeen can support
- Clear focus on the promotion of education and providing wider opportunities for underprivileged young people
All charities applying for local community grants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a registered charity
- Clear connection to a community local to one of Aberdeen's offices
- The investment should be capable of having a clear and meaningful impact, for example:
- Small charities where the contribution amount is significant relative to the charity’s size
- Larger charities with identifiable project opportunities that Aberdeen could put its name to
- Projects which include the opportunity for Aberdeen employee involvement through volunteering
- Local organisations where Aberdeen can have a visible impact
- A governance structure in place to allow Aberdeen to monitor the impact of the investment.